Warzone Africa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Constitution Drafting Thread

3 posters

Go down

General Constitution Drafting Thread Empty General Constitution Drafting Thread

Post by Llamas Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:13 am

Hai! I see you're drafting your constitution. I'm experienced with this, so I can help. However, first I'd like to see what kind of government you want. Here are the questions I'd like to ask:
1. What basic form of government would you prefer? The two main types would be dictatorship and democracy. These types can, themselves, be subdivided into a few more specific types.
Democracy: Direct democracy, Presidential Democracy, and Parliamentary Democracy.
-The advantage of a direct democracy is that it's completely controlled by the people. You don't have to worry about abuses of power, and the people are imbued with the ultimate ability to make all laws, thus meaning that the government is completely representative. Disadvantages of this system include the fact that the average person cannot be informed about everything, as opposed to elected representatives who can focus their time on the task of representing their constituents, and that it requires a lot of work and effort on the part of the people.
-For the differences and advantages/disadvantages of Presidential versus Parliamentary Democracies, look them up on Wikipedia. There's also Semi-Presidential democracy, which is a mix of the two.
Dictatorship: Executive officers would be appointed by their predecessors or superiors. I doubt you'd want one here, because you're currently having elections.
2. Would you like the courts to have the power of judicial review? (Striking down laws deemed unconstitutional.) The problem with this is that it's inherently undemocratic, because Judges are not elected, and that it is more difficult to create laws, as every one must be checked against the Constitution for possible contradictions. On the other hand, Judicial review can avoid the abuse of power and protect the rights of the few against those of the many.

Llamas

Back to top Go down

General Constitution Drafting Thread Empty Re: General Constitution Drafting Thread

Post by District XIV Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:47 pm

>.>

<.<

Well, I certainly think we should have a presidential republic, as my constitution creates.

Possibly, judicial-wise, we should have an elected 'Chief Overseer' who appoints two assistant overseers. That way it is more democratic and we can overturn unconstitutional legislation if needed.
District XIV
District XIV

Back to top Go down

General Constitution Drafting Thread Empty Re: General Constitution Drafting Thread

Post by Llamas Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:06 am

So, presidential democracy with judicial review. I'll begin drafting a constitution.

Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by District XIV Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:37 pm

With my input, I presume? Not trying to be snarky - really, I'm not - but I wish to help write it.

Also, the President can be kept in check by a cabinet of secretaries.
District XIV
District XIV

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:03 pm

District XIV wrote:With my input, I presume? Not trying to be snarky - really, I'm not - but I wish to help write it.
Of course. Actually, I'd like input from everybody in the region, so just click right here to see it as I draft it.
docs.google.com/document/d/1zTs6E2-H_CX_1W66IPzoJlpGKBwRM6lrQiLAgHO_uHY/edit?usp=sharing

District XIV wrote:Also, the President can be kept in check by a cabinet of secretaries.
Or mebbe he might might not be able to control himself if he's a man in power surrounded by secretaries... Razz

Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Arekrya Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:34 am

I'm afraid I'm not going to be that much help here, but I can review any drafts you have.

Arekrya

Back to top Go down

Post by Llamas Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm sorry for not having worked on this, but I was discussing the possibility of a Pan-Warzone Union with Campbell. If this can successfully happen, a constitution for us would be pretty redundant.

Llamas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down